Sunday, September 7, 2008

CITI( Calicut Information Technology Initiative)

i had actually decided not to go for this event but then realized that if i did bunk my principal would know and taking a risk....me..never!(ya right!) but not that day. no i actually decided to go. CITI( calciut IT initiative) was one program that showed me a vast ocean full of careers and not just for the engineers or the IT professionals. no there were jobs for creative people like me at wipro.

now heres the good part. there were competetions held and i decided ive give 'group discussions' a shot! before i started my friend N.N. told me," M.J. this is not a debate. give them time to talk and then you talk." i listened to him for the first time in history( it got me far but ill get to that in a bit). so i entered a group where all around me there were what we the arts students call "science geeks". now normally i dont glance twice at the science guys coz they freak me out. i kinda feel a little stupid in front of them but out of that group of 13 i noticed this guy in a blue shirt(blue being my favorite colour, big round harry potter glasses and this book in his hand. i still remember thinking to myself- what a nerd!

then we discussed and we all spoke! at the end of the semi finals who both should be chosen but me and Mr Blue Shirt!! i was wowed! we were asked to meet at the table for the finals after 10 minutes! i went to take a breather but was pushed back into the GD 5 minutes after it had started only to stare at mr blue shirt. all this was confusing to me. i kept staring at him so he could tell me what the hell was going on! all the people were yelling at each other, repeating the same stupid point and the topic was ' sex education:is it necessary or not?"

firstly its a weird topic to discuss with malayalees considering that it is said to be taboo around here. anyways not deviating any more...there we were fighting with each other over this when my eyes met his. he seemed to be a nice guy!! well anyways at the end of it all the girl who spoke utter rot won first, he won second and i came third. so we came out of the room and i decided to talk to him! what did i have to lose and come to think of it it was one good decision i made. he was a gift...a gift with tonnes of intelligence. HV.thats wat i call him. a boon that i took back from that seminar. i learnt from him how important it is that you have as good an IQ as an EQ.

HV taught me that life never comes easy. its all about hard work. he made me realise that being confused is not such a bad thing. Mixed Doubles! thats what we call it! its all about living life to the max! so ya..this is random but i had to write about it before i forgot. not that i will considering that i met a man of excellence at a place where it was finally proven to me that u need both your tongue and your wits to save you!

2 comments:

nishath said...

this one was in bits and pieces... another piece of advice let me give ya... before ya publish anything... just don't do it all of a sudden... just create a folder of ur own... and keep ur write ups in them... read through them... and if u find them interesting then go ahead and publish them... this particular write up is rather very sleepy and written out of compulsion... don't make me change ma mind... the better circumspect, the better the work.

Hrishi Varma said...

Let me have men about me that are fat,
Sleek-headed men, and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.

;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...