Sunday, September 7, 2008

my guardian angels!

Whats next? Which college will I join? Will I get a job? These were the questions that were haunting my mind when I opened my eyes this morning. I sat up thinking to myself if this time I would be brave and accept everything that comes my way or would I as usual lie to myself and the whole world around me and say that there is nothing wrong? And that’s what suddenly got me thinking of school…..thinking of what I was and what I am today. I sat analyzing why and how I had become me? And that’s when it struck me……..its all thanks to R&M. Its thanks to them that I have grown up and learnt to accept my mistakes.

I got to know R&M when I was studying in the 9th std. I was this hopeless romantic who believed that life was a fairytale and that I would have my happy ever-after. But I was so wrong! There never really are any happy ever-afters! But then naïve, obstinate little me didn’t want to believe it and why……for a boy! For Y! I let myself into lying for a boy to the 2 most loving and caring people in the world. All I did was take them for granted (but that never occurred to me then! No! then I thought I was an awesome friend). I thought that no matter what they would stand by me forever and tolerate all the things I ended up doing! But now come to think of it the only thing I made them do was clean up after me and lift me up when I was going to fall( which was practically always then). But now…looking at it from their point of view….they left with good reason! I was a liar!

I lied about it all to them as well as to myself knowing fully well what I was doing was wrong! At that time I justified myself saying that I did it for ‘love’!! Love! What a strange word…..it forces you to do things that you as a person would never do or so I thought until 3years back when I realized that even in love you need to be rational!

So there I was making a complete fool of myself while R&M tried to stop me! I thought Y was my prince-charming but little did I know that my ‘guardian angels’(as I refer to them now) were trying to protect me from the ‘big bad wolf. I cheated the 2 people who believed in me the most. I betrayed the 2 people who stood by me when the whole world looked at me like I was scum.

By then I had realized the grave mistake I had made but it was too late. I couldn’t even stand before then let alone look into their eyes to apologize! It was finally time for then to leave. By then taking pity on my sorry condition and keeping the promise of friendship they had made to me they bid adieu to me in style. Their last words to me still ring in my ears till this day-“its time you grew up! Its time you believed in yourself! And the next time you make a friend make sure you never lie to them.”

Ill never forget that day! It was the last time I saw them both face-to face. Its almost 6 years now and I can still see them in front of me! I know I might sound a little weird…hell..plain weird but it is because of them that I am what I am now. I might not be the best now but I am better than what I was. I realized that charater doesn’t need a change……it only needs improvement.

So here’s to the 2 girls that made life worth living then and now. Its thanks to people like you that people like me learn to survive the cruel world and yet believe that the place is still worth living in.

1 comment:

nishath said...

this is how u should be writing gal... let me give u this gal... after these three years (almost) that i've spent with u... this write up of urs is the one which i would say is the most direct from the heart... i recommend that you write every other write up in the same spirit... loved the simplicity... there are some spelling mistakes here and there... but this is top notch i tell u...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...