Tuesday, September 16, 2008

heart Vs mind?

It’s funny how all of a sudden you realize that you are just a somebody in your most special person’s life! In fact you’re not even somebody with a little importance, you’re just a somebody who walks right past through their life and doesn’t turn back. I sometimes wish I could be the most important thing in someone’s life but that doesn’t look like a distant possibility to me……at least not any more! I just got off a conversation with a really special person who told me that it’s not easy to mean everything in the world to somebody and if you ever have the feeling that you are the world to him its ok to leave the world for him! So there I was thinking away when my mother stepped up in front of me with a new sari and she had a smile on her face that I had never seen before. It was the smile of a mother looking down at her only daughter with tear-filled eyes and hopes of love and a good family for her in the future. Does meaning the world to someone mean giving up on the family who held you the first time you opened your eyes into this world? Was it really worth it to trust someone who likes you but your not the world to and leave your family to whom you already are the world? Is love really worth all that? And then as usual the answer strikes me (yet again…I’m late!!)-love is what keeps me bound to them and if it weren’t for love I would have left them a long time ago. So how does a person who is not loyal to her family go on to be loyal to any of her other relationships? Now here is where you choose who to listen to-your heart or your mind? That then becomes the question. Do you take the rational side and stay with your family or do you take your heart’s side, throw away everything you have and be with a person to whom you’re just a somebody? Like I said….its the struggle between the heart and the mind; the struggle between family and love; the struggle between priority and commitment!

And the answer still lies hidden just as it has been for as long as now and for eternity as well!

2 comments:

nishath said...

the rationality lies in the fact when you understand the need of urs at the moment. nothing will last forever. but sometimes, it is meant to last your life now and beyond. and such instances are very rare. and when it happens, i tell you, you or i or anybody else in that matter will be the luckiest happiest go lucky person in the world...


written up, read through, blog on...

atkum said...

sometimes u start talking in riddles i really wonder wat u have done to the nish i talk to!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...