Thursday, September 11, 2008

a lesson learnt!

It is very easy to say ‘I am the best’ but when you suddenly realize that your actually not number one, it comes as quite a loss especially when all you ever wanted was to be number one…to be acknowledged for the talents you have. Sometimes when you try to get to the top, you have to put yourself there…in the middle but that does not mean that your grabbing attention. Life sometimes throws some moments at you when you suddenly wonder… am I really a good person?
Today was one such day when I questioned myself about the person I was, the person I am and the person I want to be. I realized today that just because you put a mask on you and walk around like nothing bothers you…it doesn’t mean that you are strong. It just means that you’re a coward who cannot face what the world throws at you.
I consider myself to be a good communicator…but if I really am, why do I find it so difficult to get my point across? Why do I always land up defending and justifying myself even though I know that I am in the wrong? But today being the day of realizations and the end of all misconceptions, I actually feel happy about being myself because through all this I never lost my identity. I was still me. I was me with a little make-up on!
Today was the day when my best critic walked up to me and said ‘when you grow up I will!’ Today was the day when I became the friend that I knew I always could be. Today I was proud to say that I took one small step to being the person that R&M would have liked to see me as. Today I can say that I have learnt how important it is to be as good a listener as a talker. Today I learnt that it wasn’t so bad being me. Today I learnt that sometimes It’s ok to let other people know what your really thinking. Today I learnt that you can’t run away from reality even if you shift the blame on someone else.

Today I learnt that deep down inside, somewhere at the bottom of my tiny heart, I was proud to be me!

3 comments:

nishath said...

sometimes i wish i was u...

nishath said...

this one has been written quite well... the connection has been maintained... i think ma gal is back on track...

and let me give u this no one knows u better than u do... and no one knows me better than u do... actually i myself won't accept what i am, whereas u know i am that...

u r awesome gal...

atkum said...

awww..nishath...ur quite the darling!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...